crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a Canon MP960 printer, there have been error messages

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP960 printer, there have been error messages U052, the type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.
I have removed the print head, cleaned the contacts, reinstalled the head twice, and am still getting that message
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bob!

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would assume it is at least 5years old. I has been most reliable.
I don't believe you can remotely fix this issue, it appear to be in need of a part replacement.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Bob,

Please ignore the automated offer for remote assistance -- You're correct that I cannot connect to your printer.

Since you have already tried all of the troubleshooting options available, the printer would need to be serviced/repaired. The bad news is that the cost of repair on the printer would exceed the cost of buying a brand new printer that comes with a 1 year warranty. It is always up to the customer to decide if repairing or replacing makes more financial sense but I would recommend that you purchase a new printer instead of trying to fix this one.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Answer was the most likely action. Junk it and buy another. I really don't wish to pay for that advice!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please refund my deposit of $23, I will pay the $5 for the original setup.
BR
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I have sent a request for refund.

Please do not reply back or use the rating system otherwise it will delay the process.