John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My computer (Apple) claims the printer is not on. The

Customer Question

My computer (Apple) claims the printer is not on. The printer is on and I have disconnected and reconnected all plugs. The printer works; it just isnt' hook up to my Imac.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

How is it connected to your Mac ? WiFi or with USB cable ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

We can reset the printing system and see if it works or not.

1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan
  3. Hold down control and click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back

If your Mac is not seeing it, then it is possible that the printer has lost connection with the router. So follow the steps below to add it back

Turn on the Printer.

In the Home screen, click the Setup button.

Select Device Settings

Select LAN Settings

Select Wireless LAN Setup > Standard Setup. This will find your new WiFI network. Select it and enter the password ***** needed. This will connect the printer to your new network.

Ad it to your Mac. Let me know how it goes please.