Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

Recently my HP Photosmart C309a series has stopped printing

Customer Question

Recently my HP Photosmart C309a series has stopped printing while being used on the house DSL network. The Wireless Test Report printed by the printer indicated that the printer's Wireless is on, working and connected with signal strength of Excellent.when I try to print a document on my Mac Book Pro I get an error message ... "The printer is not responding."Can you offer an explanation why I am not able to print, when up to now I had no trouble printing documents on my mac.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the result.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!