Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

I have a new 2760 printer. The instructions will not help me

Customer Question

I have a new 2760 printer. The instructions will not help me to insert ink cartridges as the ink tray is blocked. How do I get the ink into their slots?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Its an Epson WF-2760 . I am using Epson ink.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: a PC. The tray for the ink is not accessible to install the ink. Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am installing this printer. It is brand new.How do I access the printer slots?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

You cannot attempt to install the cartridges on your own, it is not a manual process.

You must remove all the packing materials, foam, tape, etc first, then plug the printer in and follow the steps on the printer display to set the language, date/time, network, etc.
Only after you have properly followed through the initial setup steps will the printer then tell you to insert the cartridges at a specified time. You cannot do it before or you can actually damage the printer. Put it in only when prompted on screen, then it will go through a priming/charging process and then you can start to print.

Let me know if you get stuck or need more help through the process.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,