John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

What is ink Charging? Its brand new and i cant start to

Customer Question

What is ink Charging? Its brand new and i cant start to pring with out charging printer
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The 3640 is just out of the box
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is brand new never used
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only i need to know how to start the charging so i can print
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Mr. JKalman, i just opened up a new Epson 3640 All in one printer. I have assembled everything and put in the ink and paper Etc. I down loaded the CD but when i try to print the screen says it has to charge the ink? I do not know what to do next. My phone number is(###) ###-####Thanx Gene
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My computer system is Windows 7.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If it is necessary what is the cost?
This problem should be very easy. i just lack the next step in proceeding forward. There should not be a broken something, just lack of my knowledge. If this cant be fixed quickly i will call Epson tomorrow its barnd new. Gene
Expert:  JKalman replied 12 days ago.

Hello Gene. I think the message about the ink charging may refer to the ink descending from the cartridges into the printhead. The printer is just informing you that this may take some time. I can check your manual online for more information. Have you installed the drivers from your CD yet? Are you going to be connecting your printer wirelessly?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Joel, so far you have not even look at anything and you have no asked for anything yet except for $5.00 to open the line with you and you now went from $5.00 to $39.00 with out doing anything. So i am cancelling this attempt to get some information
for a small possible problem. Your $39.00 is just under 50% cost of the Printer. Sorry we can't due business. Gene Cipriano
Expert:  JKalman replied 12 days ago.

Gene -

The $39 charge that you saw was an automatic advertisement for Secure Remote Assistance. You do not have to accept that. It did not come from me, and it is not necessary. Please disregard. I have not had a chance to review your printer manual yet, but I would expect that the message about the ink charging would have gone away by now. If not please turn off your printer and disconnect the power cable for about two minutes. Then reconnect and turn on the power. Please let me know what happens.