John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Well I'm hooked up to my iPhone through personal hotspot and

Customer Question

well I'm hooked up to my iPhone through personal hotspot and I'm trying to print something and I'm having set up a network connection on my printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its asking me for a WPA Passphrase4 ?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless we got hit by the hurricane so our wireless internet is down
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Well I went to Network Setup
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: then went to wireless setup wizard
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your printer is asking for the iPhone's hotspot password. Go to Settings > Personal Hotspot. You can see the WiFi password ***** Use it to connect your printer to your iPhone's network.

If that didn't work, then enable hostpot on some other device. Connect both iPhone and Printer to the hostpot of that device. Then open the iPrint app and print. If you don't have the HP iPrint app on your iPhone, then download it from App Store.

If that didn't work, then reset the network settings of printer. On Printer, select Setup, select Network, and then select Restore Network Defaults. Then enable Wireless on your device. Then go to Settings > WiFi on your iPhone and do you see your printer's network there ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah that's. it working the password *****'t
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

The printer is asking for the WPA password. Right ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Passphrase
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks. Don't have the money
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot. You will see WiFi password ***** Change it to 8 or more characters only. Don't use any symbols. Then turn off Personal Hostpot and turn it on.

Then connect your printer to that network with the new passwrd. Does it connect ?