Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

Error code 0x97, The model is workforce 36 20 Epson, PC

Customer Question

error code 0x97
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: The model is workforce 36 20 Epson
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC checking operating system now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: two days, nothing really happened there was just an error code asking us to restart and then when we did it asked us again to restart
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Error code 0x97 indicates a hardware fault.

Try removing the power cord from the printer for a few minutes, then plug it in and try starting it up again.

If that doesn't work, try removing the ink cartridges and cleaning the printhead where the cartridges make contact with it, then insert the cartridges and try printing again.

If you still get the error message then the printer has another more serious internal fault and will need to be sent for diagnosis and repair.

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.