Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

I have a multi function brother dcp 8060 I have replaced the

Customer Question

I have a multi function brother dcp 8060 I have replaced the drum and printer catridge but the when I print or make a copy part of the page prints different shades of black sometimes to light to read. How do I fix this
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: dcp 8060 about 8 years old. It prints, scans, and copies
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Printing from a pc with windows, vista but I have a new one now a HP notebook, with windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Its been an issue ever since I replaced the catridge about 3-4 months ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a refurbished catridge and drum but they have worked just fine in the past.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today!

From what it sounds like, some ink may have gotten into the main machine - the toner is a powder for those types of machines.

In this case, all it needs to do is be cleaned, and you can buy special "cleaning" sheets from places like OfficeMax and Office Depot or staples, that you send through the printer as paper, but in effect collect the excess toner to "unclog" the ink path and allow printing to be more even.