Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My epson wf-2660 won't print before it was on pause and now

Customer Question

my epson wf-2660 won't print before it was on pause and now it's offline I alsp need it to scan
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: three years where is the model number
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: macbookpro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: for a few days I have things in the print queue but the printer is on paise I;ve bee emailing things to my wifr''s computer which has a dofferent printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the computer issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
- Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

- If the printer is wireless, what's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless / signal light / icon on the printer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable, if any, from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Then click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on the Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the printer's USB cable, if any, securely to both printer and computer.
  7. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
    - If yes, click on the Epson printer, then click on Add and continue.
  8. Then see if you can print something from the computer now.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you are stuck at any step, and please answer all my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you going to connect to my printer or not

I'm sorry. Did you see / try my solution above? Please let me know if you are stuck at any step.

- If that does not work, then on your computer, please click on the website below to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then open the download file TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer application
; do not close the TeamViewer window.

Please stay with me on this web page. Have you tried my solution yet? Here are the steps again:

5. Make sure printer is powered on.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you are stuck at any step.