John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a HP LaserJet 1536 dnf MFP priter Serial # CNC9C5ffVW

Customer Question

I have a HP LaserJet 1536 dnf MFP priter Serial # CNC9C5ffVW I do not know how to scan a document with this printer and my computer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the exact model is HP Laser Jet 1536dnfMFP I do not know how old the printer is but I think it is 4 years or older
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I am not really savvy with computer so I do not know exactly operating system--microsoft 360?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I need to start scanning now for a personal project and I have never did it before. I want to know if the printer i have has the capability to do scanning
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see the HP Laserjet program, or the HP Solution Center program ,or the HP Scan program on the computer that you can use?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,