Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Not a camera problem; my MG5420 is not printing. I have

Customer Question

Not a camera problem; my MG5420 is not printing. I have checked connections and everything seems to be connected.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My printer is a Canon MG 5420 and is approx 5 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've checked the connections they are good. paper loaded and ink at good levels.
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer worked fine before I changed WiFi carriers yesterday. Has not worker since.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Are you able to go to the menu / option network / wireless / WLAN.... on the printer's screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

- On your printer, press the Home button, then use the Up/Down buttons to select option WLAN Setup, then press the Left button below the screen. Then if prompted to press and hold the WPS button, don't press OK, but press the red Stop / Reset button. Then select option Standard setup, and OK. Then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name. Once it is successfully connected, then see if you can print.

- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg5440_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.\

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you are stuck at any step, or if there is any error or message. And please let me know if you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or Mac computer, and the model of your new internet modem/router device.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,