John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer error--OxF1--for WF-3620.

Customer Question

Printer error--OxF1--for WF-3620.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the printer please?

What have you tried to do, to help with the error message? and did you do anything much to or with it, just before the error came up first?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The printer is approx. two years old, I turned the printer on and off multiple times, I disconned power to printer, I took down the computer that it is working from & brought it back up.The printer has been working fine: the error occurred when I changed a printer cartridge,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want a charge after the 39.00. I fear that I nay have checked a box to indicate that I want an on-going service for $23.00 a month: I do NOT want such an arrangement--$39.00 charge,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What do I need to do?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Russell,are you still ?there

OK. (I have no power over charges and billing though. To require such details meaningfully, please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through Chat or Phone through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us )

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Take out the cartridge you put in. If the old one is available, put that one in instead, please. See if when closed up, and when tuned Off after a few minutes for 10 minutes, then turned On again, the old cartridge is accepted without error.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Russell, I did the procedure that you suggested earlier, for I read that advice on YouTube. I did not work.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
To clarify, I attempted yesterday the procedure with the old cartridge, and it was not successful.

Regrets.

If you don't mention something that you already did, that makes sense, I may have to annoy you by suggesting it... it makes sense to do so from where I am.

Other things to try - wait, let me guess, you've tried these too - are to open and examine thoroughly, in painstaking detail and with a flashlight shone into things, and to make sure, quite sure, that there are no loose paper scraps anywhere in the printer, no considerable noticeable dust, etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Russell, I attempted to connect remotely but wasn't successful. No, I had not completed the flashlight routine that you suggest until now. I did not spy paper scraps or considerable dust.If I insulted you earlier by my obtuseness, I apologize. I am an old man and am not good with printers or computers.I'll just sign off now and attempt to get some IT person from my college to come out to help.

OK. I hope they can help - though a 0XF1 error without any visible paper jam, has poor chances of a favorable outcome.

And no, you didn't offend me.

I understand when I, through Justanswer, am not quite the perfect advisor.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.