Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I installed a new ink cartridge and it is still telling me

Customer Question

I installed a new ink cartridge and it is still telling me to do it. Ive tried turning it off and then turning it on again and also unplugging it. No luck.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson 633 and I purchased Epson ink cartridges 126
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Microsoft
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I wanted to print labels, turned on the printer , inserted the label paper, asked it to print and the screen said insert ink cartridge. I had to go to the store to buy one.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.