John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My very old but loved Canon MP495 suddenly stopped printing.

Customer Question

My very old but loved Canon MP495 suddenly stopped printing. I took it to a local Office Depot to see about a repair. They don't do repairs but he gave me directions on how to clean the print head. I don't think it needs print head cleaning. I have seen that in the past and if I remember correctly, it starts with horizontal stripes of no print on the paper. Please excuse my kindergarten level printer terminology.
I remember seeing a window that just popped up on the computer for a moment saying something about a driver; replacing it or repairing it. I have no idea what that means. Can you help me?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello Beverly,

Can you tell me the specific error code/number showing on the computer, or flashing lights on the printer?

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.