Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

My Epson WF-2540 just started printing all photos in a color

Customer Question

My Epson WF-2540 just started printing all photos in a color of orange/red. I can see the correct colors in the print preview, but when the print comes out it is always in these red/orange/brown tones. I use a Mac desktop and have just replaced to ink cartridges. The printer will copy in correct colors, but not print. Have bee using Adobe Photoshop to work on some art work. HELP!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson WF-2540. About 3 yrs. old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm printing from a MAC desktop and don
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: don't know my exact operating system iteration. Where can I locate that? This has only been an issue with today's printing. Before today, everything was working beautifully.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so...
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the ink cartridge in your printer is out of cyan or the head is clogged preventing it from reaching the nozzles in the printer, then only the yellow and magenta inks will be printed on the paper. This will give the picture a reddish/orange tint.

Since you have already replaced all of the ink cartridges, try running a printhead clean a few times from the printer's setup menu.

Let me know if that works?

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this answer simply suggested that I do the things I already noted in my question had been done. Therefore, it was a wasted $23.00 for me. It didn't give me any new data or help me correct the problem.
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I do not see where you noted in your question that you had run a printhead clean - please confirm that you have done this?