John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

No it is q printer MG6350, Canon Printer scanner Model

Customer Question

Hello no it is q printer MG6350
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Printer scanner Model MG6350 can not identify new cartridges error code support 1660
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the printer is 3 years old and I stop the printer and started it again
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer expert? Yes I want to know why I can not scan when the cartridges are empty???
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and on, "...why I can not scan when the cartridges are empty?..."; it is part of the built-in detection system.

Of course the prescribed approach is replacement of the ink cartridges.

There is a possible workaround depending on the version/firmware of the Canon Pixma MG6350.

Would you be comfortable giving this a try?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just replace the cartridges THEY ARE FULLL
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am really not satisfied if I don't receive an answer within 5 mn I want to be reimbursed
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where are you?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there

Sorry about the delay, the last expert left the conversation, are you still ok to work with me? I will respond to you quickly

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but now I have to leave and I have been waiting for more than 30 mn
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I DON T WANT REMOTE ASSITANcE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK THIS IS BADS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, remote assistance is not needed, please let me know when we can resume

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave now I will try but I am not satisfied at all. I want to cancel my membership
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, please contact customer service on***@******.*** for all payment questions and cancellations.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried and the support code 1660 still appear and I still can not scan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you tell me how to work around the custom settings please? I am back from my appointment but if I signed in it was to solve the problem quickly. If I do I am ready to register again if I get an answer within the next 30 mn
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Richard or somebody else I NEED HELP NOW please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes.. I am here, PRESS AND HOLD the printer’s ‘Stop’ or ‘Stop/Resume; button (red down arrow/triangle-circle) on your printer, for 5-8 seconds, until the low ink indicator goes out and/or printing is allowed to resume

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What does support code 1660 means and how can >I get rid of it which was my original question to Michael the first technician. I had already turned the printer off and unplugged it so I still am stuck and can not use the printer or scanner....HELP PLEASE
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I have decided to opt out of working with you further on this.

you do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over you case

Thanks and all the best