John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't get it to connect wirelessly, It is a Brother

Customer Question

I can't get it to connect wirelessly
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Brother MFC-7860DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, just updated to Sierra but it wasn't connected before that. I can another mac that can print wirelessly but I have never been able to get my mac to print wirelessly. I've downloaded the driver about a million times now and nada
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have never been able to print from this mac wirelessly
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am using a mac and it just updated to Sierra today but this issue preceded the update. I have never been able to get this mac to connect to the printer wirelessly but yet another mac in the house connects to it wirelessly.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Please download and install the driver that is updated, the latest driver for your printer

Press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.

in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.