Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

How do I change my wireless provider, MG6820 Pixma. About 1

Customer Question

How do I change my wireless provider
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: MG6820 Pixma. About 1 yr old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I moved and had to change from Comcast to Verizon as a provider
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you go to the option Setup -> Wireless LAN setup option on your printer's screen? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please try the following steps on the printer:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
  2. From the HOME screen, swipe from right to left and tap LAN settings.
  3. Tap option Wireless LAN setup.
  4. Tap option Standard setup.
  5. Tap on your Wi-Fi / wireless network name.
  6. If prompted "Enter passphrase", then tap on the boxes on the printer's screen.
  7. Enter your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key / passphrase. (It is case-sensitive.)
    - By default, it would show lowercase letters on the printer's screen.
    - To toggle to uppercase letters, tap the shift key (the Up Arrow icon) towards the lower left.
    - To toggle between letters and numbers and symbols, tap on the icon "A (left and right arrows) 1@" at the lower left of printer's screen.
    - If needed, while looking at numbers and symbols, tap the shift key (the Up Arrow icon) to see more symbols.
  8. When you have finished entering in the password ***** passphrase, tap OK at the lower right.
    - You will be taken back to the Enter passphrase screen again.
  9. Tap OK again.
    ; (Note: If you need to make any corrections to the passphrase, tap on the boxes. You will be taken back to the screen where you entered in your passphrase.)
    - The printer will attempt to connect to your wireless network.
  10. If the connection is successful, a message "Connected to the wireless router" will appear.. Tap OK on this screen.
    - If the printer did not connect to the network, a message will appear telling you that the printer failed to connect. Tap OK on the message and repeat steps 5 through 8.
  11. If successful, then please print something on the computer, then it should work.

- If needed, please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART163277&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1475802128466

Solution #2:

- The above solution should work, but if it does not, then please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/pixma-mg6820?tab=drivers

, then there, download and install the MG6800 series Full Driver & Software Package, and check.

- Please let me know if you are stuck at any step, or if there is any error or message. Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,