John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The copy button keeps flashing and an error light is

Customer Question

the copy button keeps flashing and an error light is on.....just now set up this new printer...and it say cancel printing...I do not know how to do this, am trying to use dell computer cd to install wireless and the printer will not let me set up
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: brand new out of box, windows 10. just got today from hsn
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc 12 gig...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: been trying to set up printer for last hour
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I think I did everyting I should have, did not actually ask to print, because was not set up, but cannot use the cd until I get this flasing light off and I don't know where on printer I can cancel printing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Dell CD will probably only be of use, if your printer is also a Dell printer. (Please let me know, what maker and model the printer is, since it is where the problem appears to be, at the moment, and I will advise you as to what to do.)