John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

MY INTERNET PROVIDER (XFINITY) PROVIDED ME WITH A SIGN IN

Customer Question

MY INTERNET PROVIDER (XFINITY) PROVIDED ME WITH A SIGN IN OPTION TODAY AFTER BEING DOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY. AFTER SIGNING ITEM I WAS NOT ABLE TO PRINT OR SCAN ON MY WORKFORCE 600 PRINTER.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: IT A EPSON WORKFORCE 600, MODEL C363A. IT IS APPROX. 4 YEARS OLD
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: THE COMPUTER IS A MAC RUNNING EL CAPITAN
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: YESTERDAY EVERYTHING WAS OK TODAY ITS NOT.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOTHING.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this, Please give me a few moments to review your question and to type out a detailed answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what now?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry. Payment for he additional service failed. It is often because your bank suspects fraud if they see duplicate charges for the same company. You can either call them and assure them that the charge is valid, or use a different card. Or, we can just continue here in chat to try to solve the problem .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MY CREDIT INFORMATION IS CORRECT WHY DO YOU NEED TO UPDATE IT.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry Bruce, but as an independent contractor I don't have access access to billing information. I can only provide general suggestions. You can contact Customer Service at***@******.*** or you can call them (info available at ww2.justanswer.com/help). Or...ew cna try to work together to solve the problem at no extra charge.

The problem is that the printer is not setup to use the new sign-in info that Xfinity provided you with. we'll need to reset the network settings and then add it to the network again using the new information. Here is a link to the Networking Manual for your printer. Please use the information on page 37 to reset the network, then follow the instructions at the beginning for using the software to reconfigure it.

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf600_/wf600_00ng.pdf#page=3&view=FitV&pagemode=none