Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a brother hl-2132 printer. I am trying to print some

Customer Question

I have a brother hl-2132 printer.
I am trying to print some certificates which already have some printing on them. (from last week)
I am now printing names on the Certificates, which is going fine, except my printer is creating an image of the existing print on the Certificate as a faded shadow on the side, making the certificate unusable.
Any advice?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you perform a clean of the drum unit please.

To do this follow the steps on my instructions below

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl2132_eu_as&faqid=faq00002256_008

Once done, run a print and tell me if it now functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to get the drum cleaner working, as per the instructions but it didn't function. so I changed the toner cartridge and retried but that didn't work, though the shadow was less prominent.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still not usable though
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, follow the cleaning process for 1 and 2 on my link please

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqlist.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl2132_eu_as&ftype3=2046

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I did this and I got one good Certificate, but after that the others were all back to the same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

If you repeat the process to clean it again, as it can take a few attempts, does it then remain fixed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did try again, but i will try one more time now.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried again but problem is persisting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to go out, am I able to come back to this question tomorrow?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

It is the print system that has faulted, it is leaking out. This is why it stops working correctly after a print.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you