Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Xerox 7120 recently started displaying a 016-405 error code.

Customer Question

Xerox 7120 recently started displaying a 016-405 error code. The remedy is to restart the unit but after several restarts to no avail I looked to the fault history and found 092-315.Moreover, the black is faded when printing despite the toner being full...
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The "09" error chain indicates toner cartridge problems.

The problem you are seeing where the copies are faded, is likely caused by an ADC (print density sensor) error.

The most likely causes are (a) the toner cartridge for the color in question was underfilled, is running out but did not count down to zero, or (b) the toner in the cartridge has bridged.

Remove the toner cartridges and give them all a shaking, and reinstall them again. This should cure any toner bridging.

If any toner cartridge feels light, replace it with a new one.

Turn the machine off, turn it back on, and try it again. If the poor quality printout persists, then it is time to call in a Xerox service tech and have them troubleshoot the problem further.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, I would like to trouble shoot this myself if possible. I have performed the above-mentioned to no avail. WHat also can I do?