Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Trying to print automatic double-sided - keeps insisting on

Customer Question

Trying to print automatic double-sided - keeps insisting on doing manual
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Brother MFC-9130CW brand new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10 64 bit
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have yet to make it print properly double-sided I was trying to find a solution online when this popped up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: should do it
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Unfortunately what you are wanting to do is simply not possible.

This particular model does not have a built in duplexer unit, so it is not capable of printing double sided automatically.

On this model it s only available as a manual process, so you'd have to print one side, flip the paper, then print the other.

Since this is a new printer, if that is a feature you need, you'd be better off returning it and buying a different model.

The next model up does support duplexing, which is the 9330: and is only about $50 more, which is a worthwhile investment if you need to duplex frequently.

My apologies for the news, this is simply a limitation of the 9130 model.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you - finally got through to Brother for the same message - bad store where I bought it. Did you all really just charge me $18 for this information? I don't want any plan or anything else with your company. But what I saw was a refundable $5, then the charge pops up $18 and there is no way to back out of it
Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Yes there is a fee for this service, the $5 was a deposit to post your question and the remainder is the balance that was charged upon receiving an answer.

This is a paid support service, but no subscription or membership is required and it would otherwise just be a one time fee for the amount you had already paid.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Do you need more help with this? The site shows your question is still open.