Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an MG7520 that gives me a message about 50% of the

Customer Question

I have an MG7520 that gives me a message about 50% of the time that the paper tray is empty when it's about 75-80% filled; after about 10-12 attempts, it will finally print as requested.
Possibly related is an occasional problem with the printer sending out anywhere from 1-10 blank sheets of paper before sending the printed sheet requested.
Can you give me a idea of how to fix these problems, short of sending the unit to you for repair. I have serious thoughts that I probably need to find another brand of printer. I've had this one less than two years.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is caused due to two reasons, one if the paper settings are wrong on your computer, like the paper type, size etc. and two if the feed rollers are defective. So, first, check the paper settings once more and make sure they are correct. If you still face the same problem then, try to make some copies, instead of printing from the PC. If you face the same problem while copying then, it will be confirmed the problem is with the feed rollers.

Now, in a case of feed rollers problem, the only solution is replacing them. But, the main problem is that you cannot replace the rollers , as they come with a complete set or assembly and due to that the cost of the repair will go up. So, in my personal opinion, it will best to get a manufacturer refurbished printer, which will be very cheap and you will get the full one year warranty on it. This is my personal opinion, now you have to decide, what you want to do with the printer. Let me know, if you need any further assistance otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.