John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I moved and my printer wont connect, I uninstalled the

Customer Question

I moved and my printer wont connect, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled I followed the instructions; found my network did setup wizard, entered password ***** way connection OK then I dwnld driver and follow it's inst and went wlan setup and after quite awhile its says cannot connect spend multiple days and many many hours
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother mfc0j475dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i cant recall
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the full error or message?

Do you mean you've changed internet service / internet modem / router device?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I moved and i am using all the same service and equipment

Thank you. So you uninstalled the Brother driver / program. Then you downloaded / reinstall the Brother full driver / software, then what happened during installation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Then i was prompted to go through wlan assistant and it seemed to stall after about 5 minutes it said the it couldn't connect and requested me to use the cd. My computer doesn't have a dvd port

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not for $39, its ridiculous. I'm on the phone with brother now. Thanks anyway.

Don't worry, we can always adjust any billing amount as you'd like. I don't think Brother can resolve the computer's printing issue, and/or their support can be very slow.

Please let me know if you still need help fixing the printer issue later; we guarantee our service. Thank you,