jinsmn, Engineer

I'm unable to communicate with the scanner Error code

Customer Question

I'm unable to communicate with the scanner Error code (-9923)
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson Xp-200 and yes
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Os 10.11.6 El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just reinstalled all the drivers after deleting the printer settings. It still has the error code. About 2 weeks Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can still see the printer and I'm able to access it's utilities for levels and what not. Only having a problem with scanning
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  jinsmn replied 18 days ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I would prefer to do the work myself with guidance. Thank you
Expert:  jinsmn replied 18 days ago.

Okay, then try the following:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. (This step is important)
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.