John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have the setting on copy but it still scans. What do I

Customer Question

I have the setting on copy but it still scans. What do I need to do? Thanks
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I got it for Xmas last year, and it is a Maxify, MB2020.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, and what is OS? Please understand that I am 72 and still in a learning curve for techno items. Thanks
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was doing it a couple of days ago, but then it would finally print from the iMac. Today, it stayed on scanning.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope that's it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that it is likely that the printer appears to be only scanning, but not printing out what it has scanned (i.e. not completing the full cycle of the task of scan-and-print-copy) owing to some defect of the printing system.

Check whether there is blank paper loaded in every tray.

Check whether the printer can do a test print (whether self-generated, or sent from the computer.)

Let me know and I will help you further.