Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

Can't find my computer for scanning on a mac, HP officejet

Customer Question

can't find my computer for scanning on a mac
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP officejet Pro
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: OSX 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: brand new. trying to set up but printer won't find computer to scab document to computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 22 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are many ways to scan to your Mac. Follow any of the methods below to scan to your Mac.

Method 1:

You can use Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and open Image Capture application. Image Capture will recognize the scanner and show in left column. Select the scanner (printer) and click Scan.

Method 2 :

Go to Applications folder and open Preview application. In Preview application, click on File menu and select Import from Scanner.

Method 3 :

Go to System Preferences and select Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners. Select your printer in left, click on Scan top on right top and click Open Scanner.

Method 4 :

Go to Applications folder and you will see HP Scan app there. Open it and use it to scan.

Note : If you have not installed the disc came with it, then either install that disc or download and install latest software/driver for your printer from here (on your Mac) -->

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you