John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I don't know how to connect my new Artisan 1430 printer to

Customer Question

I don't know how to connect my new Artisan 1430 printer to my computer. I bought the printer from Amazon and paid for an installation fee without realizing that the installation was going to be by phone . The installation firm did not even call me and I got my money back from amazon but I am sorry to admit that because of my age I don't understand computers very well and I don't know how to proceed. Can you provide me with a technician who could help me?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

you want to install the printer on a computer?

Let me know the make and model of the computer and the operating system its running on.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
HP Pavillion 23 operates on google chrome and MSFT explorer
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

I see you have requested an additional service for secure remote assistance. Please check the payment details and update it then i can send you a remote link.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
If I wait until tomorrow morning to do the installation will I be able to connect remotely with an assistant?
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

Please check the payment method and update it. Payment service failed due to which we are unable to get remote assistance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have already entered my payment info twice
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

please type in here that you already tried to update and still you are getting payment failed message i can later on talk to the billing and get the amount credited later.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I already tried to update the info. The expiration year entry is not working and I am getting the payment failed message message.
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

no problem i have given you the remote link to click on and run will check the issue and fix it.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Are you connecting remotely?
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.
Customer HiCustomer this is MichelleCustomer i am connectedCustomer do you have a dual screen?
Guest: yesCustomer ok
Guest: turn the second screen off?Customer no that is fineCustomer is the printer conencted to this computer?
Guest: yesCustomer on the usb?
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer enter the cvv and click on save payment method
Guest: okCustomer give me a momentCustomer do you have anyother printer attached to this computer as well?
Guest: yes the hp envy5530 should I disconnect it ?Customer is the Artisan printer connected to this computer as well on the other usb port?Customer No dont disconnect any printer.
Guest: yes the artisan is connected to this computer with USBCustomer thnks for the infoCustomer do you get any error on the printer screen?Customer unplug the printer from the usb and connect it to another usb port.
Guest: OK
Guest: I did
Guest: Are you going to use the epson disk?Customer no not required at this time
Guest: OK
Guest: I see installation complete. Great.Customer power off the printer and check the usb printer is not detect
Guest: OK
Guest: turn power back on?Customer yes
Guest: OK
Guest: next?Customer printer not detectedCustomer need to restart the computer one timeCustomer can you open the driver file which we donwloaded.
Guest: I am not sure how I dont see the epson icon on my screenCustomer how old is the printer?
Guest: the epson printer is brand new
Guest: I dont know what is the probelm but I am going to call it a night as it is 12.40 . thank you for your help I will continue tomorrowCustomer you can post me a reply from justanswer chat and i will get back to you.
Guest: OK tomorrow thenCustomer alright.Customer i will end the remote session now.
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

Guest: Thank you Good night