Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a HP Office jet 3830 all in one,and I cant find the

Customer Question

I have a HP Office jet 3830 all in one,and I cant find the right cables to connect.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is brand new, and the m0del is as I typed
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a Gateways laptop, and I am running google
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought it a couple of weeks ago. But didn't try to use it until now
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know how to connect it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

For the initial setup.. You should have received a USB cable such as this http://amzn.to/2dFdh1l

Sometimes, its hidden in the cardboard rectangles / packing material that came in the box.

If you dont have the cable, then you will have to use the printers control panel to connect it to your wireless network.. h eres how

Once connected, You just need to insert the install disk that came with the printer, and install the software and connect the printer.. If you do nt have the install disk either, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

The Wireless screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon .

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.