Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

My hpofficejet 5740 will not copy. It says "The photo tray

Customer Question

my hpofficejet 5740 will not copy . It says "The photo tray is blocked. Please adjust the tray and try again." What and where is the photo tray and how do I adjust it. I use the machine for copying printed material. I have never used it for photos. I did have to forcibly pull out a piece of paper that got stuck while trying to copy it today.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The slider on the photo tray may not located properly. Remove any paper in the tray and if the slider is not firmly located to the bottom of the tray then slide it to the right where there is a 'cut-out' and locate the slider correctly. It will make sense when you remove the tray and examine the slider.

If the issue persists, please turn off the printer, unplug all its cables and wait for two minutes. Then, plugin the cables and restart the printer. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!