The cartridge you have purchased is NOT a genuine Brother, and is the cause of your problem. A genuine brother will say Brother and not ROHS REACH.
You may be able to fix this by following the steps below to reset the counter.
HOWEVER, these steps may also not work. These Brother printers often will NOT work properly with aftermarket cartridges. If the steps below do not work, you'll need to purchase a genuine cartridge to solve the problem. Here is a link to a genuine cartridge, along with a picture of the box, so you can see:
1. On the printer, open the front toner compartment door.
2. The Printer display will read, “Front cover open.”
3. Press the “Clear” button.
4. Printer will beep and the display should read, “Replace Drum?”
5. This is the tricky part, ignore the replace drum instructions. Instead on the keypad type in “*00”.
6. Display should read, “Accepted”.
7. Close the toner access door, the printer will initialize and be reset.
Please take a moment to rate my time and help to you now. Rating does not cost more, and does not close the question. A 3+ star rating is the only way I receive any credit for helping you today. If you need more help, just followup with me before or after rating. Thank You.