hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

I have a brand new PIXMA iP7220 photo printer and I can't

Customer Question

I have a brand new PIXMA iP7220 photo printer and I can't print 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 photos even though the manual says this printer will printer these size pictures. I keep getting an error message that says to put the photo paper in the upper tray. The photo paper does not fit in the holder properly either. Please help. I don't want to have to return this printer but I need to be able to print 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 photos.
Category: Printers
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 months ago.

Hello there you can definitely put the 4x6 & 5x7 in the upper tray. Please make sure that you have not tried to use the lower tray.

​I am attaching screen shots from the manual that show you what the paper looks like when installed in the upper tray.

​Let me know if you have further questions please

part 2

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done all that it doesn't work. My tray doesn't even look like the tray you emailed me. The 1 slide mechanism doesn't even go small enough to touch the 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 picture paper. Are there suppose to be 2 interchangable trays? I only have 1 tray so when the directions say the upper tray, that doesn't even apply because I just have 1 single tray.

Hello again yes there are two trays. I think that you have mistakenly pulled out the lower tray. The two trays are separate but there is definitely a second tray above the bottom tray.

​Please see my photos below

The red arrows point to the two trays