John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Ql-500 is not functioning @ present..When I attempt to

Customer Question

Ql-500 is not functioning @ present..When I attempt to print...I get a rapidly flashing Green Light in lower right corner of the printer...
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Rapid Touch QL-500...4-5 years age
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: ASUS Laptop..functioning as a desk top Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was printing as usual until late Friday
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Assumed I would have to wait until Monday AM
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your printer is a Brother-made label printer, if I understand your explanation of the case.

Is the flashing green light on the Power button, or elsewhere?

And does it flash in any sort of pattern, with pauses?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Power button..
Flashes rapidly in small window to left of chrome power button.

OK. I am looking up that error indication, and will post information in a few minutes. Thanks for responding with information.

Try this:

go into P-Touch Editor, and select the roll width, or tape size, that is loaded into the QL-500 printer. A rapidly flashing LED on the printer can mean that there is a settings mismatch of that sort.

Also, reload the tape into the printer. It may have misfed a trifle, which can also cause this problem.

Let me know the result please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Double charge my AMEX account...?I was contacted in less than 5 minutes...Instructed Amex to deny any & all charges from Brother Printers.Letter to Brother Printers is forthcoming from Corporate Attorney.Rex Hood (###) ###-####

That was not us! This is JustAnswer.com. We are not Brother.

If you have any doubts about JustAnswer.com's charges, please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

***@******.***

or any means listed on this page (incl. phone #):

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

As to the case I was instructing you on: have my suggestions had any good effect?