Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.

My Pixma MP 560 Printer has been lost in my HP Pavilion

Customer Question

My Pixma MP 560 Printer has been lost in my HP Pavilion Notebook PC and my attempt to retrieve it has not occurred. The Printer does not respond and recent information suggests that the printer drivers are no longer compatible with windows 10 updates
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased in 2009 Model K10343 Ser no CE0560
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC MS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Several days and right after I updated Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I Recover its Default icon and functions
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 19 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 18 days ago.

Please try the following:

1. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then re-connect, then turn on.
  2. Disconnect USB printer cable, if there's any, from computer for now.
  3. Right-click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Control Panel.
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  4. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  5. There, right-click on the Canon printer, then click on option Remove device, then click on Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.

1. Click on the Canon website below:
  2. Then there, click on mp68-win-mp560-1_06-ea24.exe (which is under the item MP560 series MP Driver Ver. 1.06 ...)
  3. Then scroll down to the bottom, then click on "I Agree - Begin Download"
  4. Open / run the download file mp68-win-mp560-1_06-ea24 and install it.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions during installation.
  6. Once installation is finished successfully, then see if you can print something now.

- (Note: If the above website link does not work, then click on the direct website link below in order to download the file mp68-win-mp560-1_06-ea24 and then open / run / install it.)

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,