John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Hp office jet 6830. I'm trying to use the printer but it

Customer Question

Hp office jet 6830 . I'm trying to use the printer but it says there is a printer head error. I took out the cartridges and put them back in . How do I make it work?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2p91skth- replied 22 days ago.

Greetings, sorry to hear you are having issues with your HP printer. I have had multiple HP injects and currently have a HP 8600 model. Unfortunately this is not an easy consumer fix. If you check out the this link on the HP support site the key you will note that the key statements on the page are:

This error indicates a hardware failure, and the printer requires service or replacement.

Your printer model might be replaced under the following conditions:

Bot***** *****ne, you can't fix it yourself and if it is out of warranty if is cheaper to go out an my a new one at Costco. At least this way you get a warranty again plus new ink cartridges. The high failure rate of ink jet printers is why my main work house printer is a many years old laser jet 3052. Since all of the critical parts get replaced with each new cartridge they last far longer, and print B/W cheaper and faster, that any inkjet.

Sorry I can't be of more help here, your unit need to be replaced by either warranty or the purchase of a new one unless there is some small repair shop with access to the required parts (check near your local college/university an dsee if any are near by) However, if the repair in more than 1/3 the cost of buying a new one don't repair it unless you just spent a lot of money on new cartridges that will not work on the latest printers.

• Your printer is one of the models listed above.

• The printer exhibits the error message: There is a problem with the printhead.