crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech

HP officejet 5510 was working well until I put photo paper

Customer Question

HP officejet 5510 was working well until I put photo paper in. Now it wont print. I even changed back to regular paper?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 8 yrs. old. It is officejet 5510, all in one
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: happened today. I printed 2 copies on gossy paper, but realized they were upside down. they printed just fine. then I inverted the glossy, and the paper jammed. I took it out, changed to reg. paper, and it doesn't react at all?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Hi Francesca!

Please open all of the lids on your printer and look for anymore paper jams. Even if you do not see anymore jams, please close the lids then power off the printer. Unplug the printer from the wall and wait 1 minute. Plug the printer back in and power it on. Wait 1 minute. Now, try printing again.

Please let me know if it does not work otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did as instructed. No change. Even the power is back on, the printer is not responding any differently---that is--it is not printing!
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Do you receive any error messages?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No. But the lights are all on and the date is correct. However, the time is way off---7:02 am
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Unplug the power cord from the printer.

Hold down the power button for 20 seconds without the power cord removed.

Plug the printer back in and power it on

Does the issue continue?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it is still not working. Did see an error message on a sheet it printed, and it said paper jam, with back up of 21 . I checked, no papers jammed. But, it did print out a test and it was fine! Not responding to my computer commands.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

Did you connect the printer back to Wi-Fi again?

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon , and then touch Settings.

2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks.

3. Touch the name of your network, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to the network

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't have a wireless icon and the settings do not have a wireless set up wizard.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.

The wireless icon on your printer, looks like a tower with sound waves coming out of it. I am attaching the icon that you need to look for

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
there is no wireless icon on my printer.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 19 days ago.
I apologize. I thought you said Photosmart 5510.Try restarting your computer and trying again