John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I can't change the year in the fax header - it shows 2015. I

Customer Question

I can't change the year in the fax header - it shows 2015. I have spent several hours trying to change the year to 2016. I have an Epson Workforce Pro WF-4630. I have used system administration; common settings and date. It does not stay
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased March 2016; Epson Workforce Pro WF-4630.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had not noticed before that the fax confirmation showed 2015 until Friday afternoon.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. Thank you.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 25 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A thing to check in this sort of case:

1. where are you reading the 'date' set on the Epson machine?

2. or is it the date generated by the faxing software, perhaps? if you are faxing from software at all.

3. and I need to ask also: where on the sheets is the date coming out as 2015, please? and does it show the right day and month, otherwise?

4. If the day and month are correct (e.g. 10-2 today), then check the date setting on your computer. It might just be set to the wrong year, which can cause problems of various sorts, and might be being passed on to the printer.

Let me know, please. I'm interested in this case, and would like to see it to a good conclusion.