John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have replaced all of the cartridges on my HP photosmart

Customer Question

I have replaced all of the cartridges on my HP photosmart printer with all new HP ink cartridges and only the colored cartridges print. I ran the diagnostics which indicate no problem. I ran the cleaning function 2 times. I ran the alignment 2 times which show errors but doesn't indicate what the error is. I took the black cartridges out to see if they were clogged and they both provided good ink to the touch. Black will not print text on the pages however on the print report it shows.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Not sure on age but C410a
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just occurred. Printer was showing low levels of black and cyan and would not print so I replaced all cartridges as I had some larger print jobs. Just replaced them all, sent items to print and blank pages or just colored portions will print
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to print soon so any help would be great!
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 24 days ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you, so when you send a print job with color and black, it only print color, but when you do a test print it prints in black? When did this start?