Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

My Epsom XP-410 is printing pictures but not text. I have

Customer Question

my Epsom XP-410 is printing pictures but not text. I have just changed all the ink cartridges but that has not fixed the problem.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epsom XP-410. I have cleaned the heads and done an alignment. The ink cartridges are Epson 200 standard capacity
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Apple
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been going on for a while so the cartridges were changed but without any improvement
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

It sounds like the problem is with the ink carriage/printhead rather than the ink cartridges. Have you tried cleaning the printhead itself with qtips and rubbing alcohol?

Turn the printer off, take out the ink cartridges and clean the contacts where your ink cartridge and carriage make connection.

Another thing you can do is try rolling a small piece of paper into roll, then flatten it and hold it just inside the edge of the cartridge holder as you slide the cartridge into place, so that the thickness of the paper pushes the cartridge towards those contacts at the rear.

Let me know if this works or not. Just reply back to this and I will be able to answer you as soon as I can.

If it DOES work, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today!

Thank you!

Jennie