John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an old iMac running OSX 10.6.8, is there an older

Customer Question

I have an old iMac running OSX 10.6.8, is there an older version of the Brother Control Centre App that will run on my machine
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: The earliest one I can find online requires OSX 10.7 min
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I already stated that iMac OSX 10.6.8
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: ?? iMac OSX 10.6.8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Good grief I just bought the printer today tried to install the drivers, the CD wouldn't read, so I went the inet for the drivers, the lowest version I can find on the inet requires OSX 10.7, I can only run OSX 10.6.8. Is there an older version of control centre or Not ??
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you a real person, what color are the clouds today ?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 25 days ago.

The clouds are a bit grey at the moment, its overcast here in Norfolk.

I also see that you asked your question from Australia, so I believe its pretty late your time right now. Youre welcome to get back to me when its convenient.

So I can assist you, I need to know the full model number of your brother printer. Because the issue isnt just finding an older version of the Control center, but I have to make sure that version will work with the exact model of printer / MFC machine you have.

Dustin S