John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer tells me that there is a "printer error," and

Customer Question

My printer tells me that there is a "printer error, " and that I should turn the printer off and than on again. I have done this several times and get the same message: "printer error," "turn printer off and then on again, " Whaat can I do tro resume printing?
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Artisan 837. Probably 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Hewlett Packard lap-top.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had just printed a birthday card, and was attempting to print a nother car almost like the last one.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me what specific error code/number it shows, and is this on the printer itself or the computer that you see it?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.