John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Have a new Lenovo PC. The epson is connected via wireless

Customer Question

Have a new Lenovo PC. The epson is connected via wireless router and does print when I do that command. Can't figure out how to scan a document. when I click Scan I get a message -- will copy that and paste to you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: EPSON 4DC99E (WF-3640) Less than a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 8.1 I believe. The message I get is that the scanner is not connected and go to PC settings. So don't understand why it will print by not scan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: have not tried to scan before. Just started using this PC a week ago
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was right it is Windows 8.1 pro
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 24 days ago.

Has the scanner ever worked with this epson and the same windows 8 pc? Or is this your first time trying to set it up?