Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have a ricoh lanier 226cn copier that stops after each

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ricoh lanier 226cn copier that stops after each page saying that there is a paper jamb. Is there a quick fix or does it need to go to a repair shop?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bill!

I just got online to answer questions and wanted to give you an answer on this.

If you cannot visibly see what is causing the paper jam or cannot remove whatever is causing it, then this particular model would need to be serviced. With the copiers, it is much harder to fix these sorts of problems without being able to open up the case. If this is something you decide to do on your own, PLEASE unplug it from power and let it sit 10 minutes before doing anything with it, as there would be a risk of shock.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you don't have any further questions, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Jennie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, there is no paper jamb. It just thinks there is. I can open the cover and close it and it will print one more copy, and then stop at the next one and say there is a jamb. Also do you know of a service center to take it to? I live 2hr north of Atlanta. and 1 and 1/2 hours form Greenville SC. I could go to either area.

Well here is a list of repair companies in the Greenville area:

http://www.service-center-locator.com/ricoh/south-carolina/ricoh-greenville-south-carolina.htm

Here is a list of repair companies in the Atlanta area:

http://www.service-center-locator.com/ricoh/georgia/ricoh-roswell-georgia.htm

You will probably pay for just as good of service, if not better, from an independent repair company as you would from Ricoh itself. They are usually more cost efficient, too.

I hope that helps you out!