John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon PowerShot SD1200 is digital elph camera and

Customer Question

I have a Canon PowerShot SD1200 is digital elph camera and the software to download pictures into my computer got uninstalled. The disc that came with the camera will not work to reinstall into my computer. What can I do ?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Probably about 4 years old and has never done this before. I also have an Eos Rebel SL1 and that software is installed fine but I cannot use that to download the pictures from the Elph.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had a computer problem and lost a lot of my programs and now the disc I have will not install.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

What version of windows do you have on your machine? Windows xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8 or 10 ?