John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

How in the world am I supposed to put a #10 envelope in the

Customer Question

How in the world am I supposed to put a #10 envelope in the tray? Every time I try to place one there the thing says I didn't put in an 8 x 11 sheet of paper! That makes me angry. I like to print addresses on #10 envelopes.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It was purchased two months ago. It's a 4650 (I think, going from memory0 or maybe a 5640, I'm not good with numbers. Anyhow it's a fax/copier/printer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has always been an issue with this machine. I had the original one replaced by H=P because it didn't do what I wanted it to. I'm just about ready to throw this one out the window!
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where do I place a #10 envelope so that it will print?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 23 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 23 days ago.

To fix this issue we have to make a temporary change to your paper / media setting in the print driver.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.