Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am getting a message on my Office All-In-One PIXMA MX870

Customer Question

I am getting a message on my Office All-In-One PIXMA MX870 that the ink absorber is full. What does that mean, and what do I need to do?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 26 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 26 days ago.

Lets try this reset, to reset the internal counter.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

If you cant get this to work, let me know. And even if it does work, keep in mind that at some point your going to have to manually clean or replace the ink absorber sponges themselves. But the reset will keep you going for a while longer.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.