John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My wireless printer isn't printing, it's only like two years

Customer Question

my wireless printer isn't printing
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's only like two years ago. It appeared to be working fine until I changed from At&T to Time Warner about 2 weeks ago. it is a mg5520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: lenovo
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

When you changed internet providers, I imagine that you were given a new internet modem/router device. Your printer is still trying to connect to the old device. Can you check please and see if your new device has a wps button on it? If you aren't sure, please let me know what the brand and model number is. Also, in order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/