Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Second opinion] - My Canon Pixma Mx926 is telling me:

Customer Question

Support C000
Printer error has occurred. Follow the steps below.
1. Cancel Printing, then turn the device off.
2. Turn the device on again. If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service.
I have done this but am still getting this advice.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a severe error, I regret to have to say. Usually it means the printer has basically failed.

However, there are some things to be tried, in case it's a relatively minor occurrence of this error.

1: check in the interior of the printer. Make sure that

(a) no loose cartridges, re-seat each one in its place, one at a time.

(b) raise and then lower the printhead lock lever next to the cartridges... if your model has one. This makes sure the printhead is not loose

(c) make sure no loose paper scraps are in the interior of the printer

(d) check for loose parts inside the printer.

2: turn the printer Off, and then unplug it from power and from the computer.

Leave the printer Off, for at least 1/2 hour, then plug in to just the power again, turn it On, see if that clears the error.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Russell. I have tried all these things to no avail - alas! Does the support Code C000, which shows at the top mean anything? On the bottom right hand side an orange triangle with a squiggle in it keeps flashing. Does this indicate anything?
Pat

The 'orange triangle with a squiggle' may signify, a paper jam.

The C000 means some fault in the motion of the machine's workings has been detected, or, a carriage motion fault. (Something may be blocking it. Or perhaps, just perhaps, the thin almost transparent tape that stretches from one side to the other side inside the printer, that is threaded through the carriage, has broken, or is clogged with fine dust, etc.)

(How old is your printer?)

I advise examining the interior for that thin, almost transparent tape from one side to the other. If it has broken and fallen down into the machine, you will see it loose in the bottom of the space the carriage with the ink cartridges in it, moves back and forth in.

Also examine the printer for any paper stuck in it, even a tiny fragment. That could perhaps cause this problem and this error message.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Russell, The printer is about 18 months old and has given wonderful service in this time as it is used every day. I have examined every part and cannot find even a tiny scrap of paper. The cartridges are pulled across in the front by a 1 cm thick white band, which is still intact. At the back there is another smaller band, but this is not broken and is also intact. There does not seem to be anything broken and hanging down.
Pat

Then it may be a circuitry error, unfortunately. If so, it's a choice between paying (since it is out of warranty) for repair, or replacing it.

(If you would like a chance at another opinion, or maybe some further help, from another Expert than me, I will Opt Out willingly.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for trying. My thought is to buy a new one.