Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My Canon Pixma Mx926 is telling me: Support C000 Printer

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma Mx926 is telling me:
Support C000
Printer error has occurred. Follow the steps below.
1. Cancel Printing, then turn the device off.
2. Turn the device on again. If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service.
I have done this but am still getting this advice.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 2 months ago.

Please try the following:

Causes

An printer error has occurred, the packing material was not removed, an ink tank may not be seated properly or there may be an obstruction in the paper feed path.

Actions

Remove the packing material, reseat the ink tanks (use Replacing the ink tank procedure) or remove jammed paper / any obstruction in the paper feed path (see Removing Paper Jams).

If the above actions do not clear the error, follow the steps below.

Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This did not answer my problem. The printer is not new, but several months old. There was no packing. Despite constant use, the printer just suddenly showed the error message. When I open the lid to get to the cartridges, they do not move across as they normally do, when one needs replacing
I have unplugged the machine several times, but the error comes back straight away. I cannot find any paper jam either. Help.

Please try removing the ink cartridges and re-seating them, make sure that they click into place.

Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot remove the cartridges, as they are not moving into the centre, as they normally do, when they need changing.

With the printer disconnected from the electricity can you manually move the cartridges across?

Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done this and have taken each one out and replaced it, clicking it in. However when I put the power on again, the error message reappeared.

Do you have any new ink cartridges that you could try?

Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All the ink cartridges have plenty of ink in them but I have replaced the magenta one and the error message is still there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm afraid that you have not been able to solve my problem, so I will have to ask for a refund, as was promised, when I agreed to the service.